Friday, January 16, 2009

Sara


I am the girl that loves everyone no matter what. To my friends and family probably one of my biggest down falls. I will open my heart, my home and my oven for whomever.

Growing up was not the worst however it certainly wasn’t the best. Before the age of 9 I had already lived five different States, attended several schools with in those States and no one was in the military. So I had to learn early on that in order to make friends quick before the next destination I should be as friendly as possible. This remained true throughout my life.

Some time around 8 I lived next to this girl by the name of Sara- at 8 last names weren’t important so hers I can’t remember. Sara was my best friend for the 3 or 4 months my mom and I lived in Deer Park which was this complex in San Diego. On most days we would hang out after school at her house because her mom was always home. She would make us something tasty to eat and Sara and I would retreat back to our tent house under her loft bed. I use to love tent houses- it was my home away from home.

Well anyway one afternoon as we got off the bus and into the house dragging our rainbow bight book bags I remember this amazing aroma hit me as we entered the house. We dropped our bags as we usually did and B-lined for the kitchen. There on the counter laid tacos, with all the fixings. I soon realized that since her mom did give us the same speech “girls wash your hands and don’t drop your bags on the floor take them to the room” something was wrong.

There in the kitchen she stood lightly sobbing and mixing this green concoction at the same time. I would later find out that it was this tasty guacamole, which we refused to give a chance at first because it looked mussy. We ate we played and carried on as usual all the while noticing that Ms. Lisa was not her usual self- but I was to young to even care or ask.

The next day Sara wasn’t at the bus stop, she wasn’t at school and no one answered when I knocked at the door. For some reason I thought I heard voices but to this day I cant be quiet sure. I do know that I would sit at her door everyday for a week and still no Sara. Till finally one Saturday while in my room I caught a glimpse of Ms. Lisa getting in to this big truck – I rushed to get out the front door but by the time my legs could catch up with my thoughts she was to far for me to catch.

My last thoughts are of us making fun of the guacamole and that is how I have held her since. I still love you Sara wherever you may be.


Mango Guacamole
3 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
2 jalapenos or Serrano chilies, seeded & chopped
1 ripe peeled mango
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
Directions
In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, mango, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Serve with chips

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I love the guacamole recipe, but I think I even love the story just as much! I have to definitely try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my benefits, I really like the guacamole formula, but I think I even really like the tale just as much! I have to definitely try this recipe rs gold

    ReplyDelete