Friday, June 7, 2013

Writing My Own Story

This blog as you can see has not been touched since 2010- right around the time I slipped into my deepest depression..... Well three years, and a different person later I would like to share my NEW story as I write a different page day by day! Of course no better way to do so than to start from the beginning. So here I go...

Back in September 2011 I took a business trip to Spain; two of my girlfriends would later join my trip so we could make a little vacation after the work week was over. As the vacation started in Barcelona to Madrid I noticed a negative person inside me creeping out. I lashed out at both my friends who I have known for a decade over petty things, even isolating myself at times and it only worsened when it was time to get dressed up and hit the town. By the end of the trip I was completely off to myself and did not speak to them for days to follow.

On the ride back to the US I really looked at myself and why I was feeling this way, all of a sudden a light went off. Here I was 29 years old, nearing my 30th birthday and I was 240 pounds and DEPRESSED. The flight home was a constant mental battle with myself but by the time my plane landed in NYC I had devised a plan. My starting point was to lose at least 40 pounds between October and February 4th 2012, which by no coincidence would be my 30th birthday.

By the first week of October I had hired a trainer, purchased a juicer and threw away any item in my home that may hinder my 40 pound in 4 month mission. It was a tough four months, I remember the first time I stepped on a treadmill I could not run five minutes without wanting to throw up and pass out. However as the days, weeks, and months passed I noticed that missing a day at the gym made me sicker. It’s funny that as I type I still get a bit choked up.

As January rolled around it was time to find a special dress for my special day and I remember grabbing all the 16’s in the store, not realizing that I was now wearing a size 12. By my 30th birthday I was down to 190 pounds and back to the happy person all my friends knew me to be.
Now 31, I have completed my first marathon, signed up for a few more in the coming year, in the best shape I have ever known myself to be in and down to 175 pounds. And what surprises me most is not my physical transformation but how I feel inside. I love myself, more today than ever- working out has been my therapy to overcome obstacles that have plagued me since childhood. My spiritual path is bright, my desire to motivate and help others is so keen, and long/short term goals are more obtainable than ever before.

1 comment:

  1. ever- operating out has been my treatment to get over challenges that have affected me since child years. My religious direction is shiny, my wish to encourage and help others is so eager, and long/short phrase objectives are more accessible than ever before.
    RS 2007 Gold

    ReplyDelete